Sunday, May 26, 2019

Chicago USK Prep

Next week is Chicago's annual USK workshop. I was lucky-enough to get a ticket (or maybe it was my quick-clicking with the mouse the second registration opened). This week, the instructors have been sending out welcome letters with agendas and supply lists. One of my instructors also sent a "homework" request - to make trading cards to exchange with the other participants.
Normally, if you were to buy blank trading cards at Dick Blicks, they are 2-1/2" x 3-1/2", but our instructor said to make our cards 2" x 3-1/2". This happens to be the same size as a traditional business card. So I got the bright idea of sketching little snippets on the back of our brand new USK-St Louis cards (kill 2 birds with one stone). But have you ever tried sketching on something that tiny???
The good news is that with a 0.05 Micron pen, I could actually get quite a bit of detail, plus it's a great way to make a fast sketch (you don't have enough space to spend hours worth of detail). The bad news is that the slick coated surface doesn't accept watercolor paint, but I think the black-and-white versions turned out OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment